English language requirements

English Language Test Exemptions

If you can document any of the following, you are not required to submit a formal English test.
Applicants with an upper secondary/ high school degree where English is the only language of instruction. Evidence must be provided showing the student’s upper secondary tutoring language. NOTE: Upper secondary English instruction in some countries qualifies as equivalent to English 6/English B in Sweden. Check here to see if you meet the English requirements based on your upper secondary/ high school studies.
Students with a Bachelor’s degree from a university where English is the only language of instruction, in accordance with the recommendations in the edition of the International Handbook of Universities.

Applicants to JIBS or School of Engineering who have completed an academic degree (bachelor’s, master’s, or MBA), where the only language of instruction was English. Applicants must produce a formal university transcript and/or official document from the university, where it is clearly stated that the language of instruction for the programme was English. An official document is such that bears the stamp of the university and is signed by relevant staff (including Programme Director, Academic Registrar, Associate Dean of Education, Study counselor).

Students with 30 higher education (HE) credits from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland where the language of instruction of the course is English. The language of instruction must be clearly stated on official documents.
Students with 30 higher education (HE) credits from Great Britain, Ireland, Malta, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, or English speaking parts of Canada. The language of instruction needs to be English.
Students with a Bachelor’s degree (equivalent to a Swedish “Kandidatexamen”) in engineering, computer science, computer applications, medicine, pharmacy, science or technology from India or Pakistan.
Turkish students who have studied a 1-year preparatory class in English at a university.

Exchange Students

Generally speaking, the home university guarantees a student’s fluency in English, by signing a course confirmation statement. Although language test scores are not formally required, all students are expected to meet the university’s minimum English requirements and students must receive a signature from a representative of their home university guaranteeing their fluency in English.​